Friday, August 8, 2014

Rabbit Compound


So, I was hoping this situation with the cabin foreclosure would go by without stress and complications.  It was a hopeful wish.  I never quite expected the turns it would take these past few weeks.  As a consequence the cabin will only be a home for a few more weeks and then, renting will never, ever be something I do again.  Although technically I have the right to stay longer, it will become complicated in many ways, and I'm ready to have a home that isn't in some sort of turmoil.  I'm just ready to move versus being stressed or disheartened about this cabin situation.  Even the thought of leaving the garden behind doesn't have me upset--I'm just eager to have a place to feel at peace again.

Because of that, the rabbit barn is coming down--it's two feet too wide to be put in its entire form onto a trailer and moved.  All the rabbits are hanging out behind the chicken coop or behind the house in their old houses.  I'm three houses short, so the youngest males are in their travel carriers for a few days.  My built in homes in the barn I just finished up has already been taken apart and put out on my parent's property with the goal of getting it up and back to normal for the rabbits by early next week.  I'm trying to keep them as comfy as possible in the mean time, and they are being spoiled with all of my overgrown spinach each evening.

On the rabbit front we have several new litters hanging out getting ready for fall and next spring shows.  Baby rabbit pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment