Sunday, August 17, 2014
Lemon Balm Tea
My lemon balm is finally doing something. This means one thing. Tea. I'm not a minty person, but lemon balm, lemon basil, anything with an essence of lemon I'm all over. This tea is crazy easy to make with fresh leaves and one of my favorites. You just pick, wash, and then brew for however strong you want your tea. I put my lemon balm in my little floating tea flower or ball to make one cup and fill the cup about 1/4 way to make a sort of concentrate. After about 20 minutes I'll fill the rest of the cup with warm water and enjoy. But if you have enough lemon balm why not make a whole pitcher? To make a batch I stuff as much lemon balm as I can in large tea bags I find at the tea shop in town and brew for 20 to 30 minutes. Lemon balm can also be dried like any herb. I'll most likely do that with some of it. But in an attempt to brighten winter I planted lemon balm in a pot that can be brought inside, so hopefully in January I'll still be plucking fresh lemon balm leaves.
Labels:
herbs,
lemon balm,
recipes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment