Sunday, October 21, 2012
Trying Out Some Corn
I've been eagerly watching the corn patch hoping some of it would turn out since I've never tasted this heirloom variety. Three ears looked relatively fat, so I pulled and shucked them. As you can see, only one is presentable, but the others will donate viable kernels for something, be it a batch of frozen corn or a fresh salad. Tonight we're going to try that one good ear out and see if it's sweet. There are other ears growing still and I'm hopeful some will get decent over the next week.
*must say it was delicious...I've always liked a white sweet corn and as soon as I took that first bite I was met with what I must say is the best balance of sweet and corn flavor I've tasted yet. Maybe I'm bias, but maybe not...Country Gentleman will be planted again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment