Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Free Spirits


When I've gone over to the okra I've been one track minded.  It takes a lot of concentration to make sure all the okra gets plucked while its young and tender.  Then, of course I've been mostly going out in the dim light of day lately.  Today while going over the okra {been getting about a dozen okra a day which I promptly cut up and freeze}, I spied something in the corner of the bed.  Looks like my lemon basil reseeded, and then check out this onion--mystery how it wound up there.  I promptly went over and foraged a few leafs from the basil.  I've missed it!  I had quite a bit {understatement} going strong until late June when even that tapered off due to the heat, and I just recently planted a new batch.  Lemon basil is now my favorite basil hands down for things like salad dressings.  This little plant will certainly be cultivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment