Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Flowers for the Classroom

Flowers add to the garden in so many ways.  Right now there are only the zinnias and the two sunflowers.  Hopefully in another month there will be many more in quantity and variety.  Cutting them for the house and classroom is something I love to do in the early morning.  The classroom has two flower vases...one is really just a jar.  The kids absolutely love the fresh flowers, so it was a must I had to supply a new stash to kick off our week after having some time off from school, and especially to brighten up a day where we would be taking those end of 1st quarter tests all morning--I know at least I certainly needed flowers to cheer me up about that!  The rule is that one cannot touch the flowers, but smell we can.  Out of all the flowers they love the peppermint zinnias, but the little funny sunflowers I brought in today received several complements too.

love rolling up the "dress" pants and cutting flowers from the garden before work...
one new peppermint ready, but I left it because of its position next to a flower bud getting ready to open

off course Jewel is always curious about what I'm doing out in the garden

the flowers after a day at school...no that kid is not shoved in the corner-
his desk leg broke so we pushed it out of the way and he got to sit all day at the blue table
where he stuck his nose in the flowers more than once--who could blame him?!


No comments:

Post a Comment