Saturday, September 22, 2012

Update: The Zinnia Patch

in love with this candy cane variety...
I'm thinking this is a red/yellow speckled but there should be red/white ones too

dream....

....which looks similar to the smaller illumination

part of the zinnia patch in front of the corn...more flowers opening up soon

This week more zinnias have decided to bloom.  I planted these seeds the day after coming back from Minnesota and wasn't quite sure how they would fair.  I've had hit and miss luck with flowers in this climate and its very up in the air as to which varieties will do well when...but zinnias must love the heat.  I was worried enough to not plant all of my seeds, so the patch is a bit small and spotty.  Today I'm going through and filling the wholes, plus planting some things I know will like the cooler temperatures coming soon.  I'm still waiting on my polar bear, envy, and oriole varieties to show themselves, but I think it may be in the next couple of days.  All of these zinnias are Baker Creek seeds by the way...my new favorite seed provider and standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment