Monday, September 3, 2012

In About Three Weeks...

Last weekend I planted winter squash.  Many took off with fervour, but they're still at that tender stage.  Give them another week.  That's how it is with much of the garden.  If I've given you the impression its rockin' that would not be quite true.  True, much has been planted, but it will be another 3 weeks or 4 until most of the action starts to happen.

I'm glad for another few weeks because there's a lot of prepping to do still.  This fall I am organizing a specific spot for the herbs.  There will be some mixed in here and there with the other veggies, but no more concrete blocks...they didn't quite work to my liking.  Tomatoes still need inside grow time as do the cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower among other things.  We'll be rockn' by October time.


winter luxury pumpkins on the front side of the house

those French pumpkins

my little cantaloupe plant is doing its own jamming it up right now...its gotten it in its tendrils to start climbing trees

I'm trying to get that little corn patch going...soaker hosing, fertilizing...fingers crossed

zinnias are doing well--this picture isn't the best--the zinnias are about 6 inches tall, happy looking, and run the length of the "west" garden...the spaces in between will be cosmos

No comments:

Post a Comment