Sunday, June 24, 2012

Coming On Strong...

Squash heaven...lizards like it pretty good in here too

I can feel the humidity rising up over the ground when I step into the garden.  It feels pretty good actually compared to the negative humidity elsewhere and has created quite the haven for hummingbirds, bees, and those lizards {haven't seen Little Mouse for a spell}.  Won't deny that sometimes the leafs can get crispy around the edges here and there, but overall things are well.  I'm curious about production...its great enough for me right now, but nothing like up north.  Sure this fall things will increase if not double with these same squash varieties when I put them in again.



Then we have the Parisian Pickling Cucumbers sprouting {alongside some stray Alisa Craigs}.  They sprung right up in record time and I sure hope they keep going strong after the initial tender stage.


Blacktail Mountain Watermelon have sprouted as well.  These are fast producers of gorgeous solid green personal sized melons that do well in dry conditions.  Hopefully I'll be eating them by the end of July early August.

No comments:

Post a Comment