I visited The Tiny Diner while I was in Minneapolis two weekends ago. It was nestled in a cool neighborhood with old little houses with front porches and yards overflowing with flowers and trees. I had seen the diner on a local news clip, and have been wanting to check it out. Besides the run in Jewel had with an obnoxious English bulldog while we were out on the patio, the diner was lovely in every way. Its garden is something I would love to take ideas from when I make my own. It was an overflowing affair full of flowers and herbs and veggies, and then of course there was the roof with its tomatoes and beehives. My rock fish tacos were delicious and my salad had cucamelons on it {a.k.a. Mexican sour gherkins which I have seeds for and must certainly grow next year–or better yet in Little Green this late fall}.
The diner is very close to a quilt shop I found in the same neighborhood. I can see making both places frequent stops. I already have at least doubled my herb list for this coming year after strolling along the diner’s garden paths. Life is too short to not grow as many varieties of basil as possible. And hopps–I need to get on some hopps. I love places such as this that inspire and refresh.