Sunday, December 15, 2013

-32


I think it's high time to get this old guy fired up for some winter grilling {actually upon request a grilling event is planned for this weekend which has me thinking I better at least start shoveling a better path out here}.

The thermometer read -32 around 6:30 this morning.  The sky was crystal clear and I could hear the deer waking up in their wooded thicket not far from the house and starting to move around.  I found everyone in great spirits and eager for their breakfast when I went out to the animals with the water bottles and chicken drinking fountain that had been warming for the last 4 hours or so.  It was quite peaceful to hear the rabbits munching and the chickens enjoying their spinach on top of their chicken feed and know that they can handle winter without even a second thought.  I can't believe tomorrow will be in the 20's.  Maybe it will warm up enough just enough for me to carve a better pathway to and from the house.  Right now I have a frozen path with various steps and curves that I worked hard on, but it could surely use some refining with the warmer weather.  Certainly this heat wave will warrant grilling out.  In the summer there's nothing like some burgers or brats, grill smoke, ice cold beer or cider, and Allman Brothers.  I'm hopeful that by lighting this guy up and recreating that atmosphere it might inspire the weather to stay a bit warmer for just a few days.

Just think, this guy endured grilling in +110* not very long ago {many of you remember that rib party...!}.


A much different scene from not long ago in this grill's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment