Saturday, December 7, 2013

-22

Yukon air drifted into the area Thursday.  Chilly stuff it is...the snow has stopped, and now things are under deep freeze for the next week or so.  There is nothing like that below zero sensation.  I must say I might have even missed its exhilarating feel during my stay in the Southwest.  So, after the first big storm and the entrance of real winter what is life like right now...?


There is an impressive snow pile in front of the house that is a source of fun for Charlie who likes to try and climb it...


The heater is set for 80* in the bunny barn, where until recently it was a balmy 40*.  Now temperatures are hovering around 20* first thing in the morning {calling for water bottle defrosting} then rising up to about 38* during the day {making for unfrozen water bottles!}.


Baby bunnies are pretty frisky and happy....


Ida is just as talkative as ever and likes to hold a conversation filling me in on all the goings on in the barn that I've missed since my last visit...


Nelson likes to stretch out on his pine shavings and bask in the glow of the heater not far from his hutch...


Eggs are starting to show up.  I'm pretty sure Pansy is my egg layer...at least I think she is after finding two eggs in one of her favorite spots.


I can't believe how big the gals have gotten in the last month and am excited about this egg thing.  I'm sure only one of the gals is laying right now--just wait until all three start.


So far there has been an egg every day this week.  Two cracked after being layed behind a crate on the barn floor.  Only two were found in the nest box, but that's okay for starters!


There has been plenty of oatmeal with some of that summer blueberry goodness to start the day.  Just looking at the little blue jar makes me remember the wonderful summertime and smile.


Then of course the colder days are perfect to take some time to garden plan...an Asian garden this year, I can already envision mizuna in my salad--and I'm not even going to start talking about my tomato picks!


Curling up with a blanket {and seed catalog} has been a great way to spend the evenings.  Jewel is not impressed with the current conditions outside {it took a bit of prodding to get her out the door this morning}.  While Charlie and I played outside this was her spot of choice...curled up on the couch.


Sun coming in the windows is pretty popular.  Scout loves this spot in the mornings because of the sun and also because it gives her a great view of all the birds playing in the pine trees nearby.


And Charlie, after playing hard outside, is finding the sun quite nice as well.


I believe winter is being handled well so far....

No comments:

Post a Comment