Saturday, November 2, 2013
It's Time
So it's certainly time to start putting away a few things, like the garden ornaments, the many frosted over dead plants that are spent, that lawn mower that's outside and sort of under the deck after being displaced from the rabbitry for lack of room, and probably the water hose that makes life a little easier--maybe that can stay out another week, at least until the days stop rising above freezing {I'm hearing so many conflicting predictions about this winter involving everything from acorns to skunks and rabbits, and the angle of the moon...}.
And without a doubt its time to finish that chicken coop. The gals have been overnighting it in the rabbit barn due to the many sly predators that could easily break into their run, but that is a less than ideal and definitely not permanent arrangement. I'm thinking this weekend is perfect for this. Maybe the gals can even settle into their new home this evening. I'm excited even thinking about it!
There are certainly things to finish up so that everyone can shift as gracefully into this next season as possible {I still need to finish doing something with all those beets--pickling session perhaps Sunday afternoon...}. But, as the season shifts my mind is starting to envision quite a few things that can occupy my winter time that will of course include a few more inside endeavors. Of course there will be cross country skiing, snowboarding {finally a local hill!}, and my kiddos at school have even said they'd help me learn to ice skate--yes we have our own ice patch, complete with Zamboni.
But I've been in need of a winter to get some other things started for a while--about four years to be exact. I have it in my sights to finally perfect my knitting skills and have discovered I have some excellent mentors in my life--those woolly things will certainly come in handy here. But, immediately my fingers are eager to undertake some sewing on these cold evenings that will be hanging around for a while. Specifically some sewing for very little legs. There's a baby on the way {--not mine, not yet!!}. A new niece or nephew coming in the spring that has me very excited. As the parents love orange more than a little, I think that's a safe color to go with. I'm using this pattern. I've never made baby pants before, but honestly it doesn't seem too complicated, and might even be a bit addicting.
In the back of my mind, all through those wonderfully summer months I pictured the time ahead where the days would become cold and the evenings would be spent wonderfully warm inside doing things I finally have time and energy to undertake. It's definitely about time, and I can't wait to get some inside projects going.
I do think some things can stay out a while longer though...
and I might have to fight Susan for rights to my orange fabric.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment