Friday, March 22, 2013

So Far, So Good



The pepper project I started a few days ago is a success so far...almost too much of a success.   I didn't check the bags due to the business of getting back to school and all the other things that get in the way of checking baggies of pepper seeds.  Then today in the middle of teaching it popped into my head that I should probably check these guys out when I got home.  Sure enough, the seeds are sprouting--but now most of the seeds have secured themselves to the paper towel pretty good.  I tried to tweeze their delicate baby roots off the towel, but it was too risky.  Instead, I'm going to cut out each seed with the small bit of paper towel its attached to and plant them this weekend.  Hopefully this means peppers!


But look!  I have a sprout--a sweet yellow stuffing has decided to make a go of it!  I may have more peppers than I anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment