Saturday, June 27, 2015

Squishing Stuff In

Haircut time at the garden--loving my mizuna

This morning I snagged some lettuce and kale for the trip in the dry ice set-up.  The mizuna is going crazy!  On top of harvesting and watering, last minute I planted rutabagas and parsnips and a few more carrots {my autumn kings}.  I had hopes that they could go in the mega garden, but the soil is just not going to work for these things.  Although I've worked at getting things so the ground is garden-like, it's not suitable for these root crops, and I'd end up with mangled and restricted specimens.  The community garden, and its sandy, loose soil is perfect for it.  But there's not much room at the garden, so these are being put in by my current carrot crop and the corn, which will soon have pumpkin vines zooming around.  Things should get interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment