Sunday, February 22, 2015

Zen Enough

This morning was a cold one.  When I went out around 7 a.m. to take it all in the thermometer on the side of the house read -38*.  With the wind it felt much colder.  I did not need coffee to wake me up this morning.

Summer is something I'm looking forward to a lot, but after these winters up here it feels like its been earned.  I have dreams of zinnias and sunflowers and squash vines.  Sometimes it's hard to believe such things will come again on the coldest days, but they will!
 
Many of you have been sending me messages and calling me about my earlier post.  All good and encouraging things I feel blessed to receive.  I do feel like I have some bounce returning to my step, but mostly I think due to the fact that I've been trying my darnedest to live in the present.  I'm such a future planner, schemer, and dreamer.  Grounding myself in the present while still allowing myself to forward think is something I have not been practicing for a while.  It's been refreshing to say the least to just appreciate the right now.

Many of you have also been encouraging about the whole idea of staying up.  A few of you have also moved back to the Midwest or West after being away and often tell me about the strange culture shock that has happened to you too.  I'm willing to be patient and make this place my spot.  I'm tired of moving, ready to just stay put and immerse myself in this community.  It will happen someday that I look around and realize this is home. 




This weekend was pretty zen, even with its cold that did keep me inside for most of it.  The sun shone nonstop, the stars were bright, the crescent moon spectacular.  Yesterday I went to a deal for quilting, wool, and some other crafty things in town.  There were some classes and then vendors.  I'm loving the art/crafty/music scene up here.  I remember taking note of it on visits many years ago and thinking it would be great to be able to immerse myself in it.  Last year was so busy that I didn't get to do too much.  It's been nice to have more time this year.  I'm thinking of delving into this whole wool world, spinning, looms, and all that jazz.

Like I've been saying, there's so much to look forward to.  Hoping this wonderful weekend leads into a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment