Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Next Week...
Having been born in the Deep South, dislocated to the Northern Plains, and choosing to bake myself in the Southwest for most of my adult life on two separate occasions, I'm finally taken to the woods in seek of a "simpler" life of sorts. Fresh from this stint in the suburbs I'm choosing to burry myself deep in the woods just in time for a season of gardening and what I'm sure will be a winter to remember after having really not gone through one in its entirety in four years. I'm hoping that 30-some-odd years of travelling will finally bring me someplace I'll be happy to stay.
Temperatures have been +100* lately, no moisture in the forecast. The house is a mess, the garden disassembled, the classroom bare as could be and good-bye said. It all seems a bit surreal honestly, and I almost feel sad seeing the backyard so empty. HOWEVER, to say I'm looking forward to being in a more moist environment would be an understatement....in less than two weeks a new garden season will begin. I have loved my desert garden more than words can say, but it's time for a new adventure. I hope you check back often to see what I have up my sleeve in Zone 3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment