Friday, May 4, 2012

In a Week's Time

Boothby's Blonde Cucumbers have grown by leaps and bounds!

This is a cucumber by seed...no transplants survived

An Easter Egg radish got huge!

I'll take the average Easter Eggs too.


My Jaune D' or Ovale...these are a "unique classic French radish" that I've really liked {first time growing these}. 
They have a medium hot flavor that is just right...as of now I'm deeming it my favorite radish to have ever tasted.

This is a giant Fordhook Zuch leaf.  Like the cucumbers, they've grown so much in just 7 days.


My Japanese Minowase Daikon radishes.  I've never grown these before either
{I went exotic on my radishes and planted quite a lot to go with the squash}
These are suppose to be a "sweet and very crisp" radish, "a delight picked, stir-fried, steamed,
or raw and obviously I haven't done them right.  For one they're too thick and now they're
flowering.  I will be thinning this weekend and giving them one more shot.

The sunflowers facing the wall!  They of course are doing just what sunflowers do and facing the east, but if I want to see
them I have to squeeze between them and the bricks.  I didn't make the same mistake with the others I have planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment