Saturday, April 21, 2012

Bought a Luxury Item

I bought a sprinkler hose today.  I've never had anything like this...in fact a hose is honestly a luxury item.  As the garden has grown in size and the watering needs have increased it has gotten harder to make sure the plants have what they need {its just so unbelievably dry}.  When I went shopping I was looking for a good old fashinoed soaker hose, but there weren't any, so I got the sprinkler version {100 feet of it}.  Getting it all layed out so it was spraying where it needed to was quite the trick and I got more than a little wet, but it was 99* out so it felt great {this weekend is our heat wave days, and then it should cool down to the high 80's}.  It's doing the job and I can hear the plants sighing in relief. 

A little flood irrigation taking place
in the picture...red velvet lettuce I'm finishing off this weekend and Chinese radishes...the onions and French breakfasts are hanging out on the edges

Here are some other garden pictures from the big watering session...

not sure about the progress of the corn bed...we'll see if I can get everything to grow and produce....

three headed sunflower...hope it starts to perk up

more sunflowers just getting started

dill going to flower!

lemon basil is doing great

my young Boothby Blond Cucumbers are looking pretty good

No comments:

Post a Comment