Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Probably Summer Squash

So, I have a quote on the side of this blog..."As the gardener, such is the garden."  I think mystery squash and the "Outlaw" post below illustrate this perfectly.  I love seeing other people's gardens because its something I've noted as very true indeed; gardens are like a quick study in a person's personality. 

So what does Mystery Squash here illustrate (actually there isn't just one, there's six):  maybe how laid back and unstressful this garden thing has become...and therefore perhaps this says a little about me.  The fact that I really don't care what this squash is as long as its growing...I like that my life has become this (and I guess I should also note the fact that I forgot what I planted and this says something too!).  I can remember making the commitment that I wanted to be this person, one who takes time to look at the stars each night, appreciate each and every sprout (read sprout and also read student), and not gulp my coffee in the morning.  Sometimes I have to remind myself, but I think overall I'm well on my way...finally.  Mystery Squash says that I'm here each and every moment-not wishing I was someplace else or trying to hurry to the next destination, that I love the fact that I can allow myself the time to watch little song birds taking baths in my puddles by the lemon tree (as long as they don't nibble), and count the little squash popping up everywhere and know they'll be on the grill someday soon no matter what they are.  Not sure what not following the recommended planting calendar for Zone 9 says exactly, but it's saying something too.

I'm loving Mystery Squash.

The mystery squash...yellow summer?  Perhaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment