Saturday, March 29, 2014
Under the Snow
It's official that this area of the garden will be planted by my sister and I {hopefully by the end of May}. We may expand to the whole side of this garden if those plots are not adopted, but for sure this is our spot. I'm looking forward to surrounding it with sunflowers again this year and planting zinnias and cosmos along the path.
Planting seems so far away right now with all the cold and snow hanging around, but really, it's not!
I haven't yet mapped everything out yet, but am looking forward to getting it as finalized as possible this weekend. I went ahead and subscribed to a garden planner and am trying it out this year. I'll still put it down on graph paper for posterity, but the garden planner has been interesting to play with. I do like how it recommends spacing {something I sometimes struggle with at times}. I, however, am finding I don't like planning on a computer screen and prefer my colored pencils and graph paper, so we'll see if "garden planner" sticks around for next year.
And then there's the garden at the house...we won't get started on that yet though.
I've even changed my route to work so that each morning I go by this community garden spot since I have to drive through town anyways. It's actually quite nice {and I think on most days about 8 minutes faster}. My eyes are starting to anticipate spring, and then summer--lilacs, loons singing into the night, fireflies, endless song bird song through the day, geraniums and sweet potato vines on the deck greeting me as I drink my morning coffee, gentle rain and thunder too....
Labels:
community garden,
spring
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment