Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cleaning Up and Looking Ahead


It has been a very busy and demanding school year this year.  All is well, but I just haven't had time to do some things, like update you on garden matters.  Then, the garden has been basically producing just lettuce, which isn't exactly breaking news.  I left for a short while over the holidays with a promise to get things cleaned up and revved up in January.  I came back and found some runaway sweet potato sprouts!

Last weekend I planted some more indoor starts, and freshened up the soil in the garden again.  Those okra plants had to finally go {they were dead as door-nails after the frosts we've had}.  Even though I get home after dark, I have been able to get out in the garden and do some tending...and I promise I'll update you on all that's going this winter/spring season.



No comments:

Post a Comment