Thursday, August 23, 2012
Happy Days...
So its been wonderful lately all things garden. Look at this little fellow...a Blacktail Mountain watermellon (heirloom hailing from the Sandhills if I remember right--picked by this gardener because it produces fast and is very drought resistant}. There are several more coming around almost this size.
Then it rained Tuesday evening. Gully washing rain that caused quite the lightning and thunder show that I watched on the back porch and then listened to through the open window as a lullaby. The storm dropped the temperatures down to the 80's in nothing flat, and over yonder in the Hassayampa that I pass over everyday on the way to work there are full sized trees--from who knows where--running down the river {usually nary a drop can be seen flowing}. This means the garden hasn't had to be watered since and things are growing in leaps and bounds. Happy days for sure.
Labels:
watermelon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment